Monday, June 13, 2011

mto wa mbu

Hamjambo,

Today was probably one of the greatest days of my life. We rode bikes around Lake Manyara and saw stampedes of zebra and buffalo. We saw gazelles sprinting in an open field and thousands of flamingo on the horizon. The bike ride in itself was very adventurous and I've never seen such wonderful sights in my entire lifetime.

We arrived in Mto wa Mbu yesterday. This is the village where our professor (Dr. Arens) lived for two years and did his research in the 1970's. Compared to the lifestyles in Maji ya Chai and Arusha, Mto wa mbu is somewhere in the middle. We are all having a wonderful time. Yesterday afternoon we visited the orphanages and donated money to help them out. We sang American songs to the kids and they sang African songs (in Kiswahili) to us. When we get home we are planning on organizing fundraisers to raise even more money for these kids in need. My heart goes out to them all.

Thankfully there is an Internet cafe here so I am able to share these experiences with you all. I plan on posting on this blog once more later in the week. I think we leave on Sunday for safari so I obviously will not have internet access while there. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Kwaherini
-msafiri

No comments:

Post a Comment